TO: Student Evaluation Committee, College of Journalism and Communications University of Florida
FM: Tori Petry, Telecommunication, 83419831
RE: Evidence of Professional Competence
As evidence of my activities and professional competence for Highest Honors, I hereby submit the following information:
I. Letter of Nomination signed by Mark Leeps, Department of Telecommunication, Office Telephone: 352-294-1504
II. Professional Experience
- ESPN, Summer 2012, Internship in production.
- Style TV, August 2013 – Present, Host of monthly TV show
- Florida Sports Talk Radio, Jan. 2012 – Present, Motorsports Correspondent
- WUFT-TV, Aug 2012 – December 2013, Sports Anchor & Reporter
III. Supporting Materials
- Video from Style TV, a monthly community television show I host in Lake & Sumter Counties. All episodes aired between August 2013 & March 2014.
- Video from sports anchoring & reporting at WUFT, including live shots and look-lives as the Gator gymnastics & Gator football beat reporter
- Video from feature packages
a. “Frank Hawley’s Drag Racing School,” WUFT-TV, March 2013.
b. “Leesburg SWAT Team,” Style TV, October 2013.
c. “Ben Kennedy: UF Student & NASCAR Driver,” WUFT-TV, February 2014.
- Video edits produced as an intern at ESPN
a. Curtis Granderson Glam, produced for air during Tigers vs. Yankees game, Aug. 6, 2012
b. Pocono Raceway Sense of Place, produced for air during NASCAR race at Pocono, Aug. 5, 2012
c. Jacoby Ellsbury, Carl Crawford, & David Ortiz Glams produced for air during Tigers vs. Red Sox game, Aug. 1, 2012
- Radio appearances on Florida Sports Talk Radio
- Articles published online
a. “NASCAR not just for the boys,” espnW, Aug. 20, 2012.
b. “Sarah Fisher not slowing down with racing,” espnW, May 23, 2013.